For providing financial support to the well-qualified postgraduate research students, the University of Waikato is offering Doctoral Scholarships for the international students to study in New Zealand. The studentships are open for the academic year 2020-2021.
Approximately 75 scholarships are available. The scholarships are awarded each year to the high achieving candidates for pursuing the doctoral program at Waikato.Advertisements
University of Waikato
The University of Waikato offers diplomas in a wide variety of subjects. This provides a learning experience of world renown, which helps students reach their best potential selves. It has an affordable cost of living, a large variety of social programs and hundreds of student clubs. It also provides students with hundreds of scholarships per year to help fund research and research-related expenses.
Applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility requirements to be part of this educational program:
- The Bursary is open to citizens of New Zealand, permanent residents and students from around the world.
- Candidates would usually pursue their first certification to doctorate.
- Candidates won’t be allowed to hold a Waikato University doctoral bursary on a part-time basis if they plan to conduct full-time research paying or significant part-time jobs.
- Candidates can be eligible for a reduced scholarship only once during their doctoral degree enrolment.
- Aspirants must apply at the University of Waikato to enrol for the first time in a doctoral degree.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The studentship is open for studying the doctoral degree program in the following fields:
- Social sciences
Why Study at the University of Waikato?
The University of Waikato provides fun recreational activities for its students, both indoors and outdoors. It educates more than 2,000 students from around the world, representing over 34 countries. It provides a learning environment and academic development that incorporates sciences, technology and humanities. Here students have the best chances of receiving additional sources of funding.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- Approximately 75 scholarships are awarded.
- The scholarship will provide a living allowance totalling $25,000 every 12 months and monthly payable Payments up to 36 months in total (three years).
- The living allowance for accepted part-time students is charged pro-rata.
- Domestic tuition fees for doctoral degree enrolment during the term of appointment.
- The student must cover any added costs such as medical care, travel costs, and study expenses.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
You are required to follow this application process to be enrolled in this educational programme:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Once you have registered yourself as a doctoral degree student at the University of Waikato, you will be eligible to apply for this studentship. For being a doctoral degree student, you must submit a complete Application to Enrol by September 30.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
After taking affirmation, seekers can apply for the scholarship. Successful candidates should be informed of the results of their application to Enrol at or around the time they are informed of the results of their application.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
- Candidates must provide a personal statement setting out the following:
- What are your goals/aspirations for your career?
- How does the experience of international education help you achieve those goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have to make you a perfect choice for this scholarship and a University of Waikato ambassador?
- Passport, birth certificate and permits
- A statement of citizenship
- Evidence of any name change (if your name is different from your birth certificate);
- A written report is supporting your submission.
- Any prior tertiary research proof
- You must meet the criteria for academic entry which depend on the country in which your previous study was completed.
- You are expected to keep your Certificates of High School.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree credential.
- When your first language is not English, then it is strongly demanded that you have proof of English language skills, usually in the form of an IELTS (academic) or TOEFL test score.
Scholarship application deadline: September 30, 2020
Contact address: [email protected] or +64 7 858 5096
University location: Te Mata Kairangi School of Graduate Research
The University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105, Hamilton 3240