Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington
Brief Description: Entrance scholarship for Undergraduates and Postgraduates studies for international students at Victoria University, New Zealand. The scholarship is the university’s way of showing its commitment to its international student’s community in the school. Applicants eligible for the scholarship must be entering the first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington
Host Institution and Country: Victoria University, New Zealand
Level/Field of Study: Bachelor’s degrees, Masters by Research degrees, or Masters by Coursework degrees, in any field offered at the university.
Scholarship Value: Qualified candidates will receive a grant worth NZ$10,000 for bachelor and Masters degrees and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 for Master’s degrees only. Recipients of the award will also receive accommodation from the school.
- Applying candidates must first be enrolled in an eligible Bachelor’s course program at the university/college.
- You are not eligible if:
- You completed high school in New Zealand.
- You Completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme)
- If you are from or you schooled at one of the overseas partner universities
- You are in your second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants are also required to present proof of English language proficiency
- Selection for the scholarship is made based on merits and students’ academic performances and excellence.
- Applicants are required to write an essay not less than 500 words stating why you want to study at the university, your academic goals, and why you should be offered a scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community.
Target Group or Country: All nationalities
Application deadline: The scholarship application deadline is 1 June 2020 for Trimester 2 2020 entry, 1 September 2020 for Trimester 3 2020 entry, and 30 November 2020 for Trimester 1 2021 entry.
How to Apply:
Applicants for the scholarship must first secure admission at the university for an Undergraduate program. The scholarship link is found below.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Note: please bear in mind that Gettoguide does not offer any scholarship, grant, or other forms of financial aid or assistance to students. we simply provide you information and opportunities to apply for available scholarships or grants to help you pay for your studies abroad.