In 2006, XMU set up its own scholarships for international students studying in degree programs. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition fees covered. Moreover, monthly living allowances will be provided to outstanding postgraduates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2020):
(1) Bachelor’s programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 25;
(2) Master’s programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or above and be under the age of 40;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master’s degree or above and be under the age of 45.
III. Academic Programs
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry:
- Duration of Scholarships
- Bachelor’s programs: 4 or 5 years;
- Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral programs: 4 years.
Note: Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
- Scholarships Quota and Coverage
|Program Category||Scholarship Category||Scholarship Coverage||Quota|
|Bachelor’s program||Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
|Master’s program||First-class||Tuition fee and living allowance (RMB 3,000/month)||3|
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||8|
|Doctoral program||First-class||Tuition fee and living allowance (RMB 3,500/month)||3|
|Second-class||Tuition fee only.||5|
Application Period: February 1 to April 15, 2020.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Applicants shall complete online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen University Scholarships (https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/16898/list.htm). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
- Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
- Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
VIII. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the university authorities for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in mid-July. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW202) will be sent out afterwards.
- Contact Information
Add.: XMU’s Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
E-mail: [email protected]